Fierce Pop Up Card
Project by Ash Newton-Spence
With the amazing silhouette stamp images, the Fierce kit was just perfect to make this sunset pop up card.
I started off making a slimline card base (21cm x 9cm) so that I could fit in as many of the images as I could and masking off the bottom of the inside of the card. This was so I didn't get any of my oxide ink on the bottom inside.
I chose 5 of my favourite Distress Oxide Inks to make a sunset (Wild Honey, Ripe Persimmon, Fired Brick, Dusty Concord and Chipped Sapphire) and blended them together using blending brushes to make the top of the card. I then used the first three colours to blend onto a spare piece of cardstock which is where I stamped my silhouette images using a black ink. I quickly heat set the ink so it wouldn't smudge while I fussy cut out the images. To add a bit of interest to the bottom inside of the card, I taped off a part of it and inked it up using Gathered Twigs Distress Oxide to look like a ground. I added splatter to give interest, and then used the standard sized washi tape from the kit to create a decorative line. This way, there was room to write a message when I get to sending the card.
I cut out some strips of scrap black cardstock and then used a score board to fold them into little squares. This is what I used to make my images "pop up"
I cut out some strips of scrap black cardstock and then used a score board to fold them into little squares. This is what I used to make my images "pop up" when the card was opened. I attached them behind the images and then to the fold of the card using a combination of liquid glue and glue dots. To finish off the scene, I stamped in a few of the bird silhouette images in the sky. I still think the sky was a little too high, but it certainly helped fill in the space.
Now the inside of the card was done, I wanted something very simple on the outside to tie it all together. Luckily, the papers in the kit make this so simple. I just cut out a piece of the animal print paper using my trimmer and stuck it to the front of my card using glue dots. I then attached a die cut (the elephant in this case to finish it. I left the card without a sentiment so I can add it later and customise the card to be whatever I need.
I wanted something very simple on the outside to tie it all together. Luckily, the papers in the kit make this so simple.
Thanks so much for checking out my post. There's also a video to go along with this project if you want to check it out on my YouTube.